ART SUPPLIES

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

THE SUN HAS SET ...

I kinda got tired of looking at my sunset photo and since I changed this blog to more of a triathlon blog once I got started in triathlon, from just a general rambling blog, I thought it was time for a name and image change. I also like the quote by Dinesen, which seems to be quite true. By the way, Isak Dinesen is actually a woman whose real name was Karen Blixen born in 1885. She was an author. You probably know at least one of her works and not even know it was hers. She died in 1962 from malnutrition. Uh, if anyone is interested.

Oh, I also had my best run, timewise, today. It was also my hardest workout yet. Not fast by most people's standards, but I'm getting there. It was mostly an up hill run, which is always fun. It basically was a figure 8 that involved parts of Hualalai, Kuakini, Henry Street and Queen K. My HR ranged from high 140s to a max of 171. On the steeper hills I kept it in the low to mid 160s, which is close to my bonk rate. But I was able to keep it up most of the way and still feel good at the end. If you can feel good climbing Hualalai at the end of a run ...

2 comments:

BreeWee said...

I love the photo of you and Karen, way cool! AND that quote is awesome, I LOVE it LOVE it LOVE it!

Hey, you can flip turn, keep at it... I am stoked for you. Your running is going well too, seriously good if you feel good post Hualalai!

Oh, I need your email, I will see if I can email you the video I took of you at the pool. Not sure how to email it but I will try to figure it out...
can you send your email to me...?

Debbie said...

Your new look is AWESOME!! Good Job. Say Hello to everyone . D :)

A to Z SKETCHBOOK

S is for Skateboarder. My first sketch and watercolor in more than a year.  I always have trouble finding things to sketch. Well, maybe not ...