ART SUPPLIES

Monday, October 26, 2009

OCTOBER IS MOSTLY TREATS

I love October. 

Our two daughters were both born in October. The World Series is in October. Apple Day is October 21. Did you eat an apple last Wednesday? And of course one of my favorite days, Halloween, is in October. Something new on my list of why I love October has to be the Ironman World Championship. It made October that much more special to me. 

The one dark spot this month was saying good-bye to Daniel as he heads off to the war in Afghanistan. As tempted as I am to write down all my thoughts and fears about that I'll just leave it alone for now. But honestly, I'm utter speechless about it and wouldn't know where to begin anyhow.


OK, back to October. I loved Halloween when I was a kid and still do. I'd love to be able to go trick or treating again. We always decorate our house and sit outside and watch all the trick or treaters. I love seeing all the kids and their parents as they walk up to get their treats and hear their reactions. 

Here's a few jokes to get you in the mood for next Saturday.

Do witches stay home on weekends?
No. They go away for a spell

How do you make a witch scratch?
Take away her "W"

When a witch lands, where does she park?
In a broom closet.

What happens to a fast witch on a slow broom?
She flies off the handle.

What happens when a flying witch breaks the sound barrier?
You hear the broom boom.

What happened to the witch who hooked her broom to a space shuttle?
She got spaced out

Which story do all little witches love to hear at bedtime?
"Ghoul Deluxe and the Three Scares."

How does a witch tell time?
She looks at her witch watch.

Why don't witches like to ride their brooms when they're angry?
They're afraid of flying off the handle!

What do witches use on their hair?
Scare spray

Why did the witches' team lose the baseball game?
Their bats flew away

What would you find on a haunted beach?
A sand witch.

What did the bat say to the witch's hat?
You go on ahead. I'll hang around for a while.

What does the Coven's softball team do on Halloween?
They practice pitchcraft.

What is a witch's favorite subject in school?
Spelling!


No comments:

A to Z SKETCHBOOK

S is for Skateboarder. My first sketch and watercolor in more than a year.  I always have trouble finding things to sketch. Well, maybe not ...