ART SUPPLIES

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Tag! I'm it

I didn't want to do this but since Karen did it I guess I will. So I guess, if anyone is left out there that hasn't done this (I'm always the last one) then Tag! you're it!

10 years ago I was:

40 pounds heavier and living on a farm in Oregon and working in the newsroom for a newspaper, raising five children, eight horses, a dozen or so chickens and turkeys, a few calves, 500 tomato plants, a dozen cats, four dogs, and way too many snakes (I hate snakes, eek!).

5 years ago I was:

Living in the desert in Silver Springs Nevada (the BEST place I have ever lived. The blue sky, sunshine, sand storms, history, wild horses, coyotes, cats, and rattle snakes), working in the newsroom at the Carson City Newspaper (the BEST job I have ever had), raising four children (one had moved out & was still living in Oregon). We also had five horses, four or five cats (before the coyotes got 'em all), three dogs and way too many snakes, except this time they were rattlers. Oh, and scorpions, too.

1 year ago:

I was 30 pounds heavier than I am now and I started biking again.

5 things on my to do list today:

Swim
Write a letter to Daniel
Eat lunch with Karen
Go to work
That's it. I don't have five things to do today ...

5 snacks I enjoy:

Chocolate
Ice cream (but not chocolate ice cream)
Peanut butter
reese's pieces or cups
Hot Tamales (which I used to hate, now, thanks to Karen, I can't quit eating them)

If I were a billionaire I would:

have $1,000,000,000 and wouldn't want to play "Who wants to be a (puny) millionaire?"

6 People I want to have lunch with tomorrow:

Willy Shakespeare (to ask him if he really wrote all those plays he's credited for writing and maybe find out once and for all which it is; to be or not to be?)

Vincent van Gogh (to ask him what he was thinking when he cut off his own ear. Stay away from lead paint, dude.)

All my favorite bloggers (if you're reading this then you are one of them)

Karen and all of our kids

Adam and Eve 

Charles Darwin (To find out how that whole theory of evolution thingy is working out)

OK. that's six groups of people pretty much.

5 places I have lived:

New Albany , Indiana
Sweet Home/Albany/Salem/Ashland/Dayton/Willamina & Medford, Oregon
Beaumont, Texas
Silver Springs & Carson City, Nevada
Honolulu/Kailua Kona, Hawaii

5 jobs I had:

Horse whisperer
Photojournalist
Graphic artist
Gas station attendant
Working in a rock quarry (Now that's the worst job someone can have)

3 comments:

BreeWee said...

oh Darwin, that's a thought, let me know if you ever chat with him and find out anything... ha!

Hope your swim went well! Missed ya at 101

Karen said...

I shouldn't have gotten you hooked on Hot Tamales. Now I have to share! I can't believe Silver Springs (My worst place to live) was your favorite. What about Kona??? Kona's by far my favorite. I sure hope you don't take me back to Neveda to live, although it did have some beautiful riding places along the base of the Sierras. I do miss those rides.

Debbie said...

This is a fun thing you guys have posted. Good way to reflect on your life. Scary in away. Enjoyed it alot.

A to Z SKETCHBOOK

S is for Skateboarder. My first sketch and watercolor in more than a year.  I always have trouble finding things to sketch. Well, maybe not ...