ART SUPPLIES

Friday, July 4, 2008

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!

What a great day! A swim in the ocean and celebrating America's independence day.

Sometimes you see something so often you stop looking at it and then one day you see it again for the first time. That's what happened this morning.

I look at my blog every day, but I don't really see it. Like that quote I have on the photo of Karen and me. I forgot how true that is. "The cure for anything is saltwater: Sweat, tears or the sea." I haven't been in the ocean for weeks and the sea brought me back.

Masters had a group ocean swim this morning. We swam to the King's Buoy and back. That's 1.2 miles round trip. That's the farthest I've swam since the half ironman May 31 and it felt great. My arms are beat. My lats, shoulders and a few other muscles are getting a bit sore and I love it. It means I'm back. I feel like I'm back. I feel fully recovered from the fiasco that was my marathon last Sunday.

"I feel good. na na na nana na, I knew that I would, now. na na na nana na. I feel good. So good. So good. I got you. HEY!" ah, sing it James Brown!


I forgot my watch so I don't know what my time was, but it felt a lot faster than my Honu time. My knee seems to be healing and I'm starting to get that urge to run again. However, I'm taking a couple of weeks off to make sure my knee is really healed up first.

Depression time over! Saltwater cure worked. A great way to start the day. Now, if I didn't have to work today it would be perfect.

Quote of the Day: "A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing."

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY EVERYONE!!!

2 comments:

Fish has Legs said...

Yay! What happened to never ever...lol.

Both you and Patrick make me laugh especially with that music.

Hope youre having a good 4th and keep flippin'!

Debbie said...

Happy 4TH of July!!! Glad you had a good day. I think your flips look really good.

A to Z SKETCHBOOK

S is for Skateboarder. My first sketch and watercolor in more than a year.  I always have trouble finding things to sketch. Well, maybe not ...