ART SUPPLIES

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

TUESDAY AUGUST 4, 2009

“I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''' -- Muhammad Ali

Now this is my kind of swimming pool. You can carbo load while you swim!


Oversized fake meatballs, plates of spaghetti and slices of pizza are seen in a swimming pool at the Ritz Carlton hotel in Cancun, Mexico, Thursday Aug. 4, 2009. The decorations were made as part of an event to promote the recent animated Sony film "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" and to try to break the record of the biggest meatball in the world. (AP Photo/Israel Leal)

I spent an hour in the pool today just working on becoming more streamline. Not sure if I accomplished anything but every little bit helps -- I hope.

Painful training day on my run. Ran up part of Hualalai Road for hill work. I think I did 9 or 10 repeats trying to make each one faster than the last. Sore tendons in my lower legs bothered me most of the run.

You know what's odd? I just figured out that some days I spend more hours on the bike than I get sleep the night before ...

Just found out that a Hurricane Felicia is headed our way. If it continues it would hit us Sunday or Monday.

No comments:

A to Z SKETCHBOOK

S is for Skateboarder. My first sketch and watercolor in more than a year.  I always have trouble finding things to sketch. Well, maybe not ...