ART SUPPLIES

Thursday, January 11, 2018

UNFINISHED

Scanning through my sketchbook I noticed I have a lot of unfinished sketches. Mostly because I sketch while watching TV or while I'm waiting on something.

I started drawing this from  a photo on Sktchy while watching TV
and this is as far as I got. I plan on finishing it --- sometime.
The good side is at least I'm drawing. I'm trying to sketch everyday. As busy as I am that can be hard to do, especially watching 4-year-old twins plus working full time.

I was looking through my photos on my phone the other day
and found a photo of the Indiana State Capitol in Indianapolis
that I took back when we lived there. I had planned on just
using this as a practice or thumbnail sketch and to record the actual sketching of it for my
YouTube channel, but I actually liked how this turned out so I'll probably paint this at some point.
The Indiana capitol building above was a fast and loose sketch that I did, again, while watching TV. I watch way too much TV I think. I was just trying to get a feel for it and stretch it a little to add some character/style to it before I sketched it for a video on my Youtube channel. I still may try to record a sketch of it. I just wish I could get that same looseness and feel for all my sketches, even if no one else likes it, this is one of my favorite sketches because it is getting close to the look and style I've been searching for.

This one is a little more finished but not quite. Again sketched while watching TV.
Trade Minister Nobusuke Tagomi from "Man in the High Castle" that I decided to caricaturise (is that a word?) slightly. 
I've also started to finish some of my sketches that I start with pen and ink digitally with Photoshop or Procreate. Although I feel like I'm cheating a little creating any art digitally just because it's so easy to fix mistakes and I think mistakes is what gives sketches their character. But I'm slowly coming around to the fact that digital is just another tool for artists to use.

This is how far along I got with this sketch in pen and ink.

All the color, luggage on the roof and people in the car, and landscape were all added using Photoshop.

Similarly, The drawing of the U.S. Capitol is colored completely with Photoshop.
I have numerous doodles and rough sketches all over my desk at work. Most of them are on Post-It notes and scrap pieces of paper.

Thanks for stopping by and if you get a chance please subscribe to my fledgling YouTube channel here: My YouTube Channel

Below are Amazon links to some of my art supplies that I use:

JinHao Pen: http://amzn.to/2m3x2jJ  

Platinum carbon ink bottle ink black 60cc: http://amzn.to/2D1xFCA

Pentel Aquash Waterbrush: http://amzn.to/2F3ju0l

M. Graham watercolors: http://amzn.to/2Ee1yiA

I film some of my videos with a GoPro Hero 2: http://amzn.to/2m1LQzC

No comments:

A to Z SKETCHBOOK

S is for Skateboarder. My first sketch and watercolor in more than a year.  I always have trouble finding things to sketch. Well, maybe not ...