ART SUPPLIES

Monday, January 15, 2018

PROCREATE AND IPAD PRO: STILL EXPERIMENTING

I've been playing around more with the drawing app Procreate, iPad Pro and Apple Pencil. The biggest drawback so far is the slipperiness of the screen when using the pencil.  You are basically drawing with a piece of hard plastic on a sheet of glass. If there was a way to get the feel of pen and paper that would be perfect.

Working on a few trial comic panels on the iPad Pro using
the app Procreate and the Apple Pencil. 

One thing I know, drawing in Procreate has been giving me a lot more confidence when I draw with pen and ink on paper. Not sure why other than maybe getting in more practice because I don't have to worry about wasting paper.

A great feature with Procreate is the  "Canvas Info" tab. Besides providing the document size and time spent (which comes in handy for billing clients) it also tells you number of layers being used, video length (if you wish to publish a video) and even how many strokes you've used.


It is fun to watch the time-lapse videos that Procreate records while you draw. Here is a video of the above comic panels being drawn. 



Click here to watch the video: Procreate: Drawing a few comic panels

You can view more of my videos on my YouTube channel at My YouTube Channel

Thanks for stopping by.





No comments:

A to Z SKETCHBOOK

S is for Skateboarder. My first sketch and watercolor in more than a year.  I always have trouble finding things to sketch. Well, maybe not ...