ART SUPPLIES

Monday, December 11, 2017

SKETCHBOOK FLIP THROUGH AND TOUR VIDEO

So I took the plunge and posted a video of one of my sketchbooks on Youtube.

One of the sketches from my third sketchbook.

I started sketching a year ago and have completed three sketchbooks plus a few pages in several others. A few of my sketchbooks have specific themes so anytime I get inspired to draw something that fits into that theme I use that particular sketchbook.

Here's a link to my video on Youtube.



Also here's a list with Amazon links of the art supplies I used to create my sketches. If you have any questions about my work or any of the supplies I use leave them in the comments below and I’ll do my best to answer them.

The first sketch I do in my sketchbooks now is a sketch of the supplies I will use to draw with.
I found that this is a great way to break in a new sketchbook. 

My main sketchbooks are Stillman and Birn Beta Series A5 sketchbook






Pentel Aquash water brush: This works for quick watercolors and on thinner papers such as general sketching paper.

My palette: Prima Marketing Watercolor Confections: The Classics (I took out the Prima paints and replaced them with half pans of M. Grahams and W and N paints)

Noodler's Eels Black waterproof ink: This is a slow drying ink so be patient. It is also only waterproof on certain paper so test it before you use it something you really like. 

Platinum carbon ink bottle ink black 60cc: This is my main ink I use in my fountain pens. Unfortunately I can't find a U.S. supplier so it takes a few weeks to get through Amazon so order ahead of time. I also love the shape of the bottle it comes in.

Note: I'm an Amazon affiliate so I get a small commission from amazon when you click on any of the above links and make a purchase. It doesn't cost you anything extra. 


Thanks for checking out my blog and the video. Please subscribe to my blog and youtube channel. I hope to do more sketching videos soon.




A to Z SKETCHBOOK

S is for Skateboarder. My first sketch and watercolor in more than a year.  I always have trouble finding things to sketch. Well, maybe not ...