ART SUPPLIES

Monday, January 5, 2009

TRAINING NOTES 1/5/09

1) don't have a hard weight training session before swimming at masters

2) don't move up to a faster lane at masters after a hard weight training workout

3) sometimes bad things lead to good things

4) strained something in my calf while running after masters 
- note to self: don't run after a hard weight training session and swimming at masters

5) decided to go biking since I couldn't finish my run
- note to self: Biking is hard with a strained calf muscle and after an intense weight training session, swimming at masters, then running a few miles

6) rode 35 miles carrying 10 pounds of weights in backpack

7) did  some hill workouts while biking 35 miles carrying 10 pounds of weights with a strained calf muscle after weight training, swimming and running

8) met a fellow cyclist who is visiting from the East Coast and rode some with him

9) fellow cyclist beats me badly going up cemetery hill (cursed weights, why'd I carry them anyway? Cursed wimpy legs. I need more weight training.) 

10) rode hard out to top of some hill (before scenic) and turned around

11) two minutes later I pass Lance Armstrong going the opposite direction

12) decided I should have biked to Scenic with the guy from the East Coast, then Lance would have caught us  and maybe we would have struck up a conversation

13) would have been too star-struck to talk, better that I turned around

14) Conclusion: today was a hard day. Injuries, sore muscles, disappointment. I'm tired.

PLAN FOR TOMORROW: Weights; swimming; running; biking to Scenic

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After all this, there is only one thing to say: Have reverence for God, and obey his commands, because this is all that we were created for. ECCLESIASTES 12:13 TEV

Bruce Stewart (施樸樂) (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

At least you have good reason to be out there training. The colder weather is finally getting to me and I am not so keen on going out. Anyway, a little rest from training will probably do me some good. There is only a short "winter" here.

A to Z SKETCHBOOK

S is for Skateboarder. My first sketch and watercolor in more than a year.  I always have trouble finding things to sketch. Well, maybe not ...