ART SUPPLIES

Saturday, November 18, 2017

FEELIN’ NOSTALGIC

A quick sketch from a photo I saw online a few weeks ago.
a quick pen and ink sketch. This maybe took 5 minutes to sketch out.

Sketched on a very inexpensive leather-bound sketchbook from Hobby Lobby using a Lamy Safari fountain pen and Platinum Carbon ink. I used Photoshop CS6 to color it all. I used an Apple Magic Mouse which is pretty awkward to draw with.


Adding a few more details such as passengers, luggage and some shrubbery. 
My Art supplies available on Amazon:
My main sketchbooks are Stillman and Birn Beta Series A5 sketchbook






Pentel Aquash water brush: This works for quick watercolors and on thinner papers such as general sketching paper.

My palette: Prima Marketing Watercolor Confections: The Classics (I took out the Prima paints and replaced them with half pans of M. Grahams and W and N paints)

Noodler's Eels Black waterproof ink: This is a slow drying ink so be patient. It is also only waterproof on certain paper so test it before you use it something you really like. 

Platinum carbon ink bottle ink black 60cc: This is my main ink I use in my fountain pens. Unfortunately I can't find a U.S. supplier so it takes a few weeks to get through Amazon so order ahead of time. I also love the shape of the bottle it comes in.

Note: I'm an Amazon affiliate so I get a small commission from amazon when you click on any of the above links and make a purchase. It doesn't cost you anything extra. 

     style="display:block"
     data-ad-format="fluid"
     data-ad-layout-key="-8i+1w-dq+e9+ft"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-9117362513411764"
     data-ad-slot="5581269097">

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi

Randy said...

Hey, I just updated this post with links to Amazon for some of my art supplies I use. If you have any questions about any of these supplies, how they hold up, how they perform, it's quality, etc., feel free to ask me.

A to Z SKETCHBOOK

S is for Skateboarder. My first sketch and watercolor in more than a year.  I always have trouble finding things to sketch. Well, maybe not ...