ART SUPPLIES

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

SCRIBBLING AND DOODLING

A little scribbling while watching TV.


I guess it's good practice to help loosen up my sketching. And, as you know, I can use all the help I can get, right?


I am noticing the looser my lines, the poses look more natural, less stiff.  Plus, scribbling is easy and fun. It's easier with a pencil then ink over it and erase but I'm trying to migrate toward pen and ink from the start and skip using a pencil altogether. 

Anyhow, I'm trying to force myself to scribble 20 or people a day until I start seeing an improvement in the lines I use (fewer and more purposeful) and the quality of the shapes I'm getting (more natural poses, better proportions). 

No comments:

A to Z SKETCHBOOK

S is for Skateboarder. My first sketch and watercolor in more than a year.  I always have trouble finding things to sketch. Well, maybe not ...