ART SUPPLIES

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A LITTLE ARMY TRAINING, SORT OF ...

I got to do a little training on Oahu a few days ago. It was a nice change of pace from always training around Kona. I also did miles of walking at the Honolulu Zoo and I even managed to slip in a short run up the side of a mountain on Sunday while dodging a few stray bullets.

(My running destination is near the peak of that jungly mountain in the distance)

Last weekend Karen, Rebecca and I flew to Oahu to visit Rachael and Madison. We did a little sightseeing, went to the zoo and Pearl Harbor and I did a little exploring on the run. Here's a few photos from my run on Schofield Barracks.



(An old Army bunker or what?)



(The road runs right next to the rifle range and I couldn't help but duck a little and run a little faster through here.)


(Getting closer. You can't tell from the photos but this is quite an uphill climb.)


No comments:

A to Z SKETCHBOOK

S is for Skateboarder. My first sketch and watercolor in more than a year.  I always have trouble finding things to sketch. Well, maybe not ...