ART SUPPLIES

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

ENDINGS AND BEGINNINGS

This is it! My longest training week. My longest swims, my longest bikes and my longest runs. All in the same week. All leading up to a 3-week-long taper. 

It may sound like it is coming to an end  and it is, but the end leads me to a beginning - the starting line and the beginning of the race. 

That's what I've been thinking about today while I was running. It's my last hard week of training. Sure the next couple of weeks will still be intense, but this is the peak. Things will get a little easier, a little shorter, and a little more "normal" as race day gets closer. Sure, there will still be long runs (12- 15 milers, and 100 mile rides and lots of swimming over the next three weeks but it'll be the downhill side of training with a focus on recovery and filling the tank up.

So here's to endings and beginnings. See you out there.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Congratulations on having such successful training ,I can almost hear your sigh of relief. How many days now? 24?

A to Z SKETCHBOOK

S is for Skateboarder. My first sketch and watercolor in more than a year.  I always have trouble finding things to sketch. Well, maybe not ...