ART SUPPLIES

Thursday, May 6, 2021

A to Z SKETCHBOOK

S is for Skateboarder.

My first sketch and watercolor in more than a year.

 I always have trouble finding things to sketch. Well, maybe not always, but a lot of the time I just can't think of anything I want to sketch. 

I was watching Youtube one day and came across Teoh's Parka Blogs video (I have subscribed to his channel for years. You really should check it out if you are interested in getting better at sketching.)

U is for Underpass

So he posted this series of videos where he would sketch the alphabet (A to Z) or rather, things that start with each letter of the alphabet. I was just getting back into sketching after taking a couple of years off so I thought "What a great Idea. That will help me focus and give me a goal all at the same time.

Y is for Yellow Cab

So, I grabbed an empty Stillman and Birn A5 Beta Series sketchbook and started looking up things that start with an A. Then B, C, D, etc. I'll let you know it's harder than you think. I tried to find things that were unusual or things the grandkids would like and possible even learn something from.  

Speaking of grandkids, they really got into it and gave me plenty of suggestions on what to draw for each letter. 

So the next time you can't think of anything to sketch give the A to Z sketchbook a try. It's fun and challenging.

Here's a few more along with a few random, fun sketches.













#urbansketching #sketchbook
#azsketchbook






No comments:

A to Z SKETCHBOOK

S is for Skateboarder. My first sketch and watercolor in more than a year.  I always have trouble finding things to sketch. Well, maybe not ...