ART SUPPLIES

Saturday, April 26, 2008

AWESOME KAREN

We had a Bike time trial today. 15 miles on the Queen K. Normally, the "K" stands for Kaahumanu, but today it is Queen Karen. She finished the 15 miles with a PR of over 18 mph. AWESOME. And More awesome in the fact that she rarily rides on the road, mostly on the indoor trainer and then usually only for 30 minutes at a time.

I keep telling her that if she would do some serious training she would put a lot of us to shame.
Great job sweetheart!
As much as I was hurting on today's race, struggling to not give up on those endless miles (well even 15 miles can seem endless when your legs and lungs are burning) I'm even more proud of Karen for her effort. And as the Robert Frost poem says:

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
I'm sure we'll both be sleeping well tonight after our miles ...

No comments:

A to Z SKETCHBOOK

S is for Skateboarder. My first sketch and watercolor in more than a year.  I always have trouble finding things to sketch. Well, maybe not ...